Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 4 post-op


Weight: 312
Blood Sugar: 113

Sleeping last night in bed was a nice change to Mom's recliner. Only woke up a couple of times when I moved and it hurt. I am concerned with my thinking a little. Food commercials are distracting me and bringing up food urges which I am afraid will derail me down the line. I have yet to want to "cheat" on the liquid diet, which is a plus for me. Cheating has always been such a part of my diet M.O. Definitely something I will need to keep an eye on.

Things I have learned today:
  1. Green liquid Tylenol tastes like an old boot wrapped in mint.
  2. Mixing veg. broth and beef broth with splash of Worcestershire sauce is pretty good.
  3. It's okay to not put myself in situations where food is 'traditionally' (read State Fair) a priority when attending. Not going is okay too. I have to take care of me FIRST, not second or third.  I may miss some laughs in the short term, but I am ensuring I have time for laughs later. 

G.

No comments: